Wednesday, October 6, 2010

our happenings



I am feeling a little un-motivated these days with all my "duties" (cleaning the house, grocery shopping, cooking...basically just getting stuff done.) I would like to blame it on being pregnant, but I feel guilty doing that since I am actually feeling ok! Maybe just a little tired. Our house seems to get progressively messy until Nate and I just can't stand it anymore and we do a major cleaning. The boys have been playing so well together lately...that has been a sweet blessing. And yes, I know Collin licking the sponge is totally gross.





 Collin is starting to say quite a few words, although he cuts the consonants off the ends. In his own little way, he can say: juice, ball, book, baby, no, night-night, bye-bye, hi, eyes, daddy, mama, done and most recently Asher. (it sounds more like ash-ee) Collin is quite the little monkey...he climbs on everything. The other day I caught him climbing onto the rocker, pulling open a changing table drawer, stepping into the drawer just so he could climb atop the changing table. He's crazy! I love that he has baby morning breath. I love that when I pick him up, he pats me on the shoulder with his chubby little hand. I love that he loves his $1 stick horse.


Asher is now our resident comedian. Everyday he says or does something pretty hilarious and I have been trying to be good about writing them down. The other night, just before dinner, Nate announced that it was time to fold our arms so that we could bless the food. Asher's stuffed Shamu was at the table. Asher grabbed his "dolpheen" and said "fold ya'arms dolpheen" as he attempted to fold Shamu's fins inward. Asher has VERY selective hearing. Nearly everyday when I announce that it is naptime Asher looks at me and says "huh?". So I repeat very clearly that it's time to go to bed. Again, he responds with a smile and "huh?" or "what?". haha!

6 comments:

Nate Clegg said...

I love these pictures, it helps to look at them when I'm missing my babies (you included).

Morgan said...

Ha Ha, selective hearing is amazingly useful... I should try it. I hear you on the chores, it does get so wearing. My pet peeve is under Jane's highchair. I seem to be the only one who cleans up under her chair after every meal and it's always nasty, mushy food.

Sarah said...

Totally blame eveything on being pregnant! And I might have to say how much I love your pictures evey time I comment; you are an amazing photographer! Your boys are adorable.

Unknown said...

So cute!! I miss those "crazy" little guys! Thanks for all the pictures - although it makes dad & I miss them, it's helps us to feel connected too. That last picture of them both looking out at the rain - "...rain, rain go away..."
Love you all ~ Mom B.

Amber said...

Cort, I took a spider web picture last week, or maybe the week before, too. :) Funny!! Love your pictures. Your little guys are growing up so so fast. :) miss you guys

Family of Disney said...

Courtney, one word housekeeper.