Asher has been able to stand alone and cruise since October/November, and in December he started taking a couple of steps here & there, but this last Sunday it was as if a light finally went off for him. All he wants to do is walk everywhere! I was happy my mom & dad were in town to witness this big accomplishment. (More on that fun visit to come!)
There are a few drawbacks- Asher actually throws a fit when I put him in his wagon for long walks. He also experienced his first face-plant on the cement today. Poor buddy! The thing that makes me a little sad though is that I can almost see my little baby being replaced by a very energetic, independence-seeking toddler. I guess it just makes the moments when he wants to be held & cuddled all the sweeter. :)

6 comments:
oh my gosh!! that is so great!! it is so exciting, but also a bit sad. sigh! good thing you have another baby coming. toddler hood and exploring with them are so fun, a little dangerous, but very fun.
We LOVED being there when Asher started walking!! He's a lil man on the move now!
Miss you 3 1/2!! Dad and Mom B.
yah! Asher!! Isn't it nice they are now off the floor? He is getting so big!! We need to get together! Soon.
Aww...I can't believe that little guy is growing up so fast. I agree that he is looking less like a little baby and more like a toddler. I'm sad that I'm missing all of this, but I can't wait to see you guys in May!
Love you guys!
Way to go Asher! I hope he still gives you lots of cuddles :)
Yea Asher! I know what you mean about not looking like a baby, it's like overnight something you can't quite put your finger on changes about them and all of a sudden they look more like a kid and not a baby. We get less snuggles too, unless she's sick - which she currently is - double ear infections again. *Sigh*
Post a Comment